7 July 2013

Liebster Award!!!!

Konnichiwa!!

Guess what?!?! I have been nominated for the Liebster Award  by Alice S of 'too much light burns the negative' (that is a link, click on the link). Yay for random blogging awards! 

Okey Dokey, so the rules  are:

  • You have to share 11 things about yourself.
  • You have to answer  the 11 questions that your tagger has given you.
  • You have to choose 11 other blogs for the nomination. (Nominees must have under 200 followers.)
  • You must leave 11 questions for your nominees.
  • Finally, you must thank the person who nominated you, and link back to their blog.
Whoo, this is going to be a looonnnnng post! But hopefully quite fun!

So, 11 thingydoodles about myself!
1. Two days ago I got a fringe (bangs) cut! I haven't had a fringe since I was about 9, but it looks really nice!
2. I have a hatred of smart phones.
3. I am going to volunteer at my library this summer, because hopefully it will give me time to read lots and lots of books!
4. I love  Downton Abbey!
5. Two days ago , I bought my first dress since I was 10 (aside from my dress for prom)
6. I am very short - only 5"0 .
7. I hate cream, custard and gravy.
8. I currently have a small crush on Heath Ledger (not as the Joker!).
9. Three days ago I received my first letter from my Rookie Pen Pal(if you're interested in having a pen pal, check out Kitty's Tumblr, and she will tell you if she is doing it again).
10. I hate getting up in the mornings, but I also hate lying in past 11am.
11. I love musicals, and my favourites include Wicked, We Will Rock You and The Lion King! However, I am hopeless at acting, singing or dancing!

Now , for those questions from Alice!

1. What's the first book you read as a child?
Probably something like 'Where the Wild Things Are', or 'Winnie the Witch'! I honestly can't remember.

2. What book would you give as a present to a special person?
It would depend on the person! Errm, a book I love, for example 'Harry Potter', although to be fair, I can't think of anyone who hasn't read that book, so it wouldn't be a very good present! Maybe the 'Perks of Being a Wallflower', as it isn't the most popular of books, but deserves to be!

3. What is the film you watch over and over?
It isn't one film, but I've watched 'The Lord of the Rings' trilogy too many times to count!

4. Your first crush on an actor/actress?
I did fancy Josh Hutcherson after watching 'Journey to the Centre of the Earth'!

5. If you could be in any TV series, what series would it be and why?
Good question! I think I would say Downton Abbey , as I love it, and some of the dresses they get to wear are amazing! If you are talking about literally being in the story of a TV series, then Doctor Who, because then I would get to go in the TARDIS!

6. A TV series that should have been renewed?
Robin Hood! I loved that series, but it only ran for 3 series! It would be hard to renew, as all of the main characters were killed off at the end, but I'm still hoping.

7. There's a song someone dedicated to you? Which one?
No... there IS NOT!! But if I had to dedicate a song to myself, it would be 'Come oEileen' by Dexy's Midnight Runners. I adore that song!


8. What's your favourite musical performance in a non musical film?
I love the part in 'A Knight's Tale', when they're all doing traditional English dancing, and then it suddenly turns into 'Golden Years' by David Bowie!  


9. What person of the past would you like to meet and why?
When we studied the Tudors at school a few years ago, I remember thinking that King Henry VII was a really interesting person! Generally we forget about him, as Henry VIII is more famous, but I think Henry VII was really cool!

10. A film that makes you cry all the time?
Do you want the long list or the short one? Because both are pretty long! Ok, so... Perks of being a Wallflower, Harry Potter (especially Deathly Hallows Part 2), The Notebook, Love Actually, the list goes on and on!
The strangest film that I cry at (because it isn't sad) is Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. Why do I cry at it? Because this scene is so powerful!


11. Put the first picture that you come across here when you refresh your tumblr or blog timeline...
I don't have tumblr, but when I refreshed my blog timeline, this picture from Their Harangues & Their Fancies came up:



      


Now to nominate some blogs!



And my questions!

1.  Shrek or Ice Age?
2.  If  you were invisible for a day, what would you do ?
3. What  is the colour of your walls / wallpaper in your bedroom?
4. Who is your current celebrity crush?
5.  If you could go back in time, where would you go?
6. What  do you have an irrational fear of?
7. What  book are you currently reading?
8. Do you  have a strange habit? What is it?
9. Do you read Rookie? (If not, why not!) Why do you love it? (Because if you do read it, you obviously love it, as it is impossible not to!)
10. What  is your favourite song?
11. If  you were trapped in a vat of food, and had to eat it to get yourself out of there, what food would you want to be trapped in?

There we go! This has been a verrrrrryyy long post, but it's been fun! Thanks again to Alice for nominating me!

Love you!
Ella x

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for have done it ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :D we are in the process of putting together our post...

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you! I'm finally writing the post :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I appreciate each and every one of your comments, and they really brighten up my day! So thank you :)