20 July 2013

DIY Jewellery Tree

Hiya!
 A couple of days ago, I saw this picture of a Jewellery Tree on Pinterest.



I looked at it, and thought, 'that doesn't look like it would be too hard to make'. So I did! 

What you'll need

  • A ' Tree' 
  • A small cube of polystyrene
  • Some stones
  • A plant pot 
Method


1. Find an appropriate 'tree' by venturing outside into a foresty type area.


2. Jab the stick into the polystyrene.



3. Put the polystyrene and stick into the flowerpot. Cover it up with stones. I decided to fill it mainly up with gravel, and then to make it look nicer, cover that over with some slate, but it doesn't really matter what you do, as long as the tree is sturdy.


4. Hang up  your jewellery on your tree!!


5. (Optional stage) Make some cute origami flowers and butterflies, and blue tac them onto your tree! (Instructions on how to make the butterflies are HERE, and there is a video tutorial on how to make the flowers HERE)


 6. Find an appropriate spot in your room to place your  jewellery tree, in order to show off your crafty amazingness!

That's all folks! I hope you have a go at this, it's so easy!

Love you!
Ella x

6 comments:

  1. This is so pretty and easy, I could use it to display my craft day stuffs :) thank you! Also, sherlock case files???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's Sherlock series 1 and 2!

      Delete
  2. Very nice!
    Stylebruch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey - another blogging origami enthusiast! the tree looks amazing - i'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was looking at your bookshelf and I noticed you like Louise Rennison;) Me too! x



    http://oppositeofstyle.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gah! That's so cool! I was obsessed with jewellery trees for ages, but could never afford them. Eventually I found a wooden stalk/Herron/bird in a street market wich I painted and varnished, and now dutifully carries my various bracelets and hair implements, however, if I wasn't so emotionally attached to it, I would cast it away in favour of yours :)
    (PS new origami things to learn how to do and then make when I am bored our of restaurant napkins!)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I appreciate each and every one of your comments, and they really brighten up my day! So thank you :)