16 April 2013

Barbie


'If Barbie was an actual woman, she would be 5'9" tall  have a 3 9 " b u s t, an 18" waist, 33" hips and a size 3 shoe . Her head would be the same circumference as her waist, meaning she'd have room for only half a liver and a few inches of intestines. The result: chronic diarrhoea and death. Also, she would not be able to menstruate
If Barbie was a real woman, she’d have to walk on all fours due to her proportions, her feet are so disproportionately small, her c h e s t would pull her forward onto her toes.
Barbie calls this a “full figure” and likes her weight at 110 lbs. At 5’9” tall and weighing 110 lbs, Barbie would have a BMI of 16.24 and fit the weight criteria for anorexia. Because Barbie’s neck is twice as long as the average human’s, it would be impossible for her to hold up her head.
Yet this is the 'person'  that almost every teenage girl longs to look like.'
- from this Facebook status

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ella,
    I just thought that I'd comment to thank you for following my blog! We obviously have the same great tastes in websites! ;) I only just started my blog, so I'll have some more posts up soon!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I appreciate each and every one of your comments, and they really brighten up my day! So thank you :)